My 2012 Forum began in early 2006 and ran for 7.5 years. It started out as a means to managing comments at Survive2012.com and quickly became the most popular place to discuss the 2012 meme.
It became so successful that:
- 4 members were the focus of a feature article in Playboy magazine
- several members made TV appearances
- survival communities formed, as well as some marriages and babies – due to folk meeting there
- 490,000 posts on 27,000 topics
- 11,000 members, thousands of whom made a post
Because the topic was 2012, and it is now beyond that date, I have decided to switch the forum off at the end of June 2013 – but leave it archived due to the wealth of opinion and information that lies within it.
For former members and those still interested in 2012ish topics, I’ve made a list of places where you can hang out – see the next post:
Thanks everyone, this was a big part of many lives and won’t be forgotten.
Yep, 2012 wasn’t a doomsday. While it still makes great sense to prepare for major disasters, it would seem they can now happen any time, rather than perhaps in late 2012.
I doubt I will mention the 2012 doomsday meme much in the future, but I won’t run out of thoughts on associated themes.